When it comes to choosing an office printer, businesses in the UK have two options: leasing or buying. Choosing the right option can be a difficult decision, and it depends on several factors such as business size, budget, and office requirements. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at both options to help you decide which one is better for your business.
Here at Red Business Machines we offer the full range of Sharp printers, we are often asked about the pro’s and con’s of leasing compared to outright purchase.
Leasing an Office Printer
Leasing an office printer is a popular option for many businesses that we work with in the South Yorkshire and Derbyshire area. It allows businesses to rent a printer for a fixed period of 5 years which includes maintenance. When the lease period is up, businesses can upgrade the printer to a newer Sharp model to ensure you have the latest technology. Here are some advantages of leasing an office printer:
1. Cost-effective: Leasing an office printer from RED allows businesses to spread the cost over a fixed period, making it more affordable than buying outright. Additionally, the monthly lease payments are tax-deductible, making it even more cost-effective for businesses.
2. Up-to-date technology: Leasing an office printer ensures that businesses always have access to the latest technology. This is particularly beneficial for businesses that require high-end features such as scanning, copying, and the latest cloud technology.
3. Maintenance and Support: Leasing an office printer provides businesses with maintenance and support. For example, companies leasing from RED Business Machines benefit from the peace of mind that if the printer develops a fault, our in house service team are here to help you.
Buying an Office Printer
Buying an office printer is another option for businesses in the UK. It involves purchasing the printer outright, and businesses own the printer for its lifespan. Here are some advantages of buying an office printer:
1. A one off payment: While buying an office printer outright is more expensive than leasing, it does mean that the Business doesn’t have to pay monthly lease payments, and they own the printer. However that does mean that there isn’t any ongoing support.
2. Flexibility: Buying an office printer provides businesses with some flexibility, as they own the printer outright and can replace at any time although this will be at further cost.
3. No Contracts: Buying an office printer means that businesses don’t have to enter into a service agreement.
So, is leasing a printer better than buying?
In conclusion, there is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to leasing or buying an office printer. It depends on various factors such as budget, office requirements, and business size. If you require the latest technology and would like to spread the investment over a longer period , then leasing is a great option for your business. Regardless of your choice, the most crucial factor is to ensure that you choose a reliable and reputable provider that offers excellent support and maintenance services. That’s why here at RED Business Machines our team located in Sheffield South Yorkshire, always recommend leasing printers and photocopiers to the businesses that we work with.